Update: LYR is CLOSED to intake. We are not taking in any animals until further notice.
Our Adoption Process...
Adoption fees vary for each animal. Fees will depend on the cost of the overall vetting and any special needed vetting per animal.
- There is an adoption application that must be filled out and submitted. We ask for vet references and two personal references.
- We also ask to do a home check, if the potential adopter lives out of state we will find a rescue in their area who will do the home check for us.
- You will be asked to sign an adoption agreement upon adopting any animal from our rescue.
- All incoming rescues will now be micro chipped starting in June 2016.
- All rescues will have a spay/neuter contract or be spayed or neutered before leaving LYR.
- All owner surrenders must fill out and sign an Owner Surrender Form: Owner Surrender Form
Little Yorkie Rescue is a FOSTER ONLY RESCUE. There is no facility for you to visit to view the available rescues. Please Do Not show up at the owners home unannounced.
We are in desperate need of Fosters
If you are interested in becoming a Foster or Adoption Please fill out an Application. We ask that you Please be patient with us as we review applicants in search of the best fit for each individual rescue who meet all of our qualifications for a suitable Foster or Forever home.
Buttons; is a 1 and a half yr old, 8 lb , fully vetted Yorkie mix. He is currently in Mo. He is fully house trained and sweet as can be. Must have fenced in yard as he loves to run and is a door darter. Will need some work with that. If you are interested, Please contact LYR.
Cosmo, is a 12 yr old mixed breed who was an owner surrender. He came to us badly matted and in need of some much needed love and attention. He is fully vetted, house trained and ready to live out his senior years in his forever home. If interested in him contact LYR. For more info on Cosmo click (Here).
Max is Lhaha Apso & Silky Terrier mix. He is going for initial vetting on the 28th. He is 7 years old and we are just learning about him. Gets along with other dogs but no cats. He was surrendered because the cat in their house beat him up. If interested in her contact LYR.