Our Adoption Process...
Adoption fees vary for each animal. Fees will depend on the cost of the overall vetting and any special needed vetting per animal.
- There is an adoption application that must be filled out and submitted. We ask for vet references and two personal references.
- We also ask to do a home check, if the potential adopter lives out of state we will find a rescue in their area who will do the home check for us.
- You will be asked to sign an adoption agreement upon adopting any animal from our rescue.
- All incoming rescues will now be micro chipped starting in June 2016.
- All rescues will have a spay/neuter contract or be spayed or neutered before leaving LYR.
- All owner surrenders must fill out and sign an Owner Surrender Form: Owner Surrender Form
Important: Little Yorkie Rescue is a FOSTER ONLY RESCUE. There is no facility for you to visit to view the available rescues.
Please Do Not show up at the owners home unannounced. Thank you!
If you are interested in becoming a Foster or Adoption Please fill out an Application. We ask that you Please be patient with us as we review applicants in search of the best fit for each individual rescue who meet all of our qualifications for a suitable Foster or Forever home.
Emmie (right) is 4 years old Yorkie. She is a high energy dog who will need someone who can keep up with her. She is fully vetted and ready to go. If interested contact LYR.
Gemma is a 7 lb Yorkie who is being surrendered because she has tired to bite the baby/toddlers in the home. She is Spayed but needs a dental. She does not like crazy, loud noises. She is not totally house trained, so will need someone who is willing to help her get totally house trained. If interested please contact LYR.
Tucker is 5 years old and weighs about 7-8 pounds. He is full of Yorkietude and high energy. Chases any small animals, chipmunks, squirrels etc. He just needs his dental and will be ready for his new home. If interested contact LYR.