Our Adoption Process...
Adoption fees vary for each animal. Fees will depend on the cost of the overall vetting and any special needed vetting per animal.
- There is an adoption application that must be filled out and submitted. We ask for vet references and two personal references.
- We also ask to do a home check, if the potential adopter lives out of state we will find a rescue in their area who will do the home check for us.
- You will be asked to sign an adoption agreement upon adopting any animal from our rescue.
- All incoming rescues will now be micro chipped starting in June 2016.
- All rescues will have a spay/neuter contract or be spayed or neutered before leaving LYR.
- All owner surrenders must fill out and sign an Owner Surrender Form: Owner Surrender Form
Important: Little Yorkie Rescue is a FOSTER ONLY RESCUE. There is no facility for you to visit to view the available rescues.
Please Do Not show up at the owners home unannounced. Thank you!
If you are interested in becoming a Foster or Adoption Please fill out an Application. We ask that you Please be patient with us as we review applicants in search of the best fit for each individual rescue who meet all of our qualifications for a suitable Foster or Forever home.
Ollie & Zoey : (below) Bonded Ollie is 1 yr old and Zoey is 2 yrs old. They will need to be adopted together. If you are interested in these 2 pups contact LYR.
Journey & Smokey: (Bonded) Journey is a 1 yr old Yorkie who weighs 9 lbs. / Smokey is a 1 yr old Yorkie who weighs 11 lbs. These are 2 very active pups that will need a fenced in yard, and either a stay at home or work from home mommy or daddy. The men in the home will need to be patient with Smokey to earn his trust but it will so be worth it once he feels SAFE with you...they both are very affectionate little cuddle bugs. They are a bonded pair and must be adopted together.
More info: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4685695281480097&set=gm.4578426765612749
Jay Jay is a 1 year old, 11 lb Silky Terrier. He is a puppy and has all the energy to prove it. He is not house trained but he is still a pup. So he will need a family/person who is willing to work with him. He will need a fenced in yard as he loves to run. IF interested in him contact LYR.